Here is the recipe for Chinese tea cookies. better known as pake cake. These are the ingredients that you will need for the pake cake.
How to make pake cake
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 cup of Flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp Honey
- First thing you do is you’re going to boil water.
- After the water is boiled you’re going to add it to the brown and white sugar. and you’re going to whisk that until the sugar is dissolved.
- You’ll set that bowl aside and in a separate Bowl you’re going to add flour and baking powder. and you’re going to whisk that together.
- Then you will set that bowl aside and in a different bowl you’ll add the eggs, honey and oil. and whisk that together.
- Then you will add the egg mixture and the sugar mixture to the flour and mix well.
- So we’re going to add the egg mixture first and mix that in. after that’s all mixed in good .we will add the sugar mixture and we will mix until nice and smooth.
- After you get that done you will let it rest for one hour.
- After it has rest for one hour you’re gonna scoop it and then you will roll it to a ball. after you roll into a ball you need to flatten it. you don’t want to flatten it too flat or too thick.
- After you do that you’re going to put that in the oven 350 degrees for 12 or 15 minutes.
If you want it to taste like the pake cake that you’re used to, you might want to ziplock it and probably wait a few days and then taste it and it will taste like it.
Read more about Golden Syrup vs Honey