Christmas crack with pretzels is a fantastic holiday treat! So here’s a recipe to make it. Lets start!
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: crushed candy canes, chopped nuts, sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Put a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the mini pretzels in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Melt the butter over medium heat In a saucepan,. Once melted, add the brown sugar. Stir continuously until the mixture starts to boil.
- Pour the hot butter and sugar mixture evenly over the pretzels on the baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot toffee-covered pretzels. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to allow the chocolate to soften.
- Once the chocolate chips have softened, use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly over the pretzel layer.
- Sprinkle your desired toppings over the melted chocolate while it’s still soft, such as crushed candy canes, chopped nuts, or sprinkles.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours or until the chocolate has set completely.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, break the Christmas crack into pieces and enjoy!
This delightful treat offers a sweet, salty, and crunchy combination that’s perfect for the holiday season.
Read more about Cinnamon Bun vs Roll