CAVA released new topping called “Fiery Broccoli” that made with freshly chopped broccoli florets, smoky chilies and red wine vinegar. It can bring heat to your dish and lot of people like this topping. It’s available at all cava restaurants.
Simple recipe for fiery broccoli
- 450g broccoli florets
- 2 ts vegetable oil
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 ts minced ginger
- 2 ts soy sauce and oyster sauce
- 1 ts sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Red pepper flakes
- Get a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and blanch for 2-3 minutes . Then drain the broccoli and transfer it to a ice water bowl. Drain after few minutes
- Another bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add the minced garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for about 30 seconds
- Add the blanched broccoli to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes
- Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and mix well. Add the water to thicken coat of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you need more spicy flavor
- Switch off the heat and transfer broccoli to serve
Read more about Cava Pickled Onions