Yes.. peanut butter is safe for horses. But make sure its not a regular food for them. it should be a seasonal ‘treat. ‘.One or two tbsp is good for them. The reason I mentioned its not for regular treat because peanut butter have sugar and fat, which can increase horse blood sugar levels. Also give crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy one.. They will like it
Peanut butter benefits
– it lasts forever. If it is natural peanut butter, you can keep it in the fridge, where it will keep for months! If it is processed, you don’t even have to put it in the fridge.
– it is very filling and it really sticks with you, so you stay full for a long time.
– it is high in monounsaturated fats, which means it helps lower your cholesterol levels.
– it tastes delicious! Most kids love it, as do dogs! And you can get it in many different ways. For example, Peter Pan peanut butter has five varieties, from honey-roasted to whipped, while kraft has joined the health trend and made their own natural peanut butter.
– it is full of nutrients, espcially Vitamin E, which is a powerful anti-oxidant, and very good for your skin. Some, such as Peter Pan Plus Peanut Butter has added nutrients.
– it is very high in protein. 100g of peanut butter includes 25g of protein!
– as long as you buy natural peanut butter, it is 100% pure, meaning you are not eating any additives or preservatives, which can´t be said about most foods available today. Make sure to read the label to ensure it is 100% peanuts.
– it is VERY convenient. There is nothing easier than taking out a piece of bread and spreading on some peanut butter and jelly to make quick, healthy snack!
– peanut butter can be great for weight loss! Why? It is full of protein and fiber, which keeps you full longer and reduces cravings for sweets!
Read more about calming goats